Egypt/June 20, 2019/Daily News Egypt /No Comment/117 views /EgyptFeatured US military to send 1,000 soldiers to Middle East, Russia calls for restraint – Daily News Egyptshare on:FacebookTwitter Google +Pinterest Tumblr Linked InEmailSend to Email Address:Your NameYour Email AddressEmail check failed, please try againCancel The United States military said on Monday that 1,000 more soldiers would be sent to the Middle East, citing concerns about the threat from Iran following attacks on two tankers in the Gulf of Oman last week. “The US does not seek conflict with Iran,” Acting defence secretary Patrick Shanahan said. He added that, “the recent Iranian attacks validate the reliable, credible intelligence we have received on hostile behaviour by Iranian forces and their proxy groups that threaten US personnel and interests across the region.” However, Russia on Tuesday called for restraint to avoid escalation in the Middle East. “We are urging all sides to show restraint,” President Vladimir Putin’s spokesperson Dmitry Peskov told journalists in response to a question on the deployment, as reported by AFP. ALSO READ JAMB arrest 19-year-old for upgrading UTME score - Daily Post Nigeria“We would prefer not to see any steps that could introduce additional tensions in the already unstable region,” Peskov added. Similarly, Russian deputy foreign minister Sergei Ryabkov said on Tuesday that the US plans to increase its troop presence in the Middle East were aimed at provoking armed conflict. Such actions “cannot be seen otherwise than as a deliberate course to provoke war,” Ryabkov told journalists, quoted by RIA Novosti news agency. The 1,000 extra troops will join another 1,500 soldiers sent in May after a similar set of attacks on tankers in the Gulf. In several statements and conferences, the US and its regional allies also blamed Iran for carrying out those attacks. ALSO READ Sakr Group's exports reach $20m in 9 months - Daily News EgyptLast week, the US military released a grainy video that it said proved Iran’s culpability. The US Department of Defense released several new photos that also said prove Iranian forces were behind the attacks on tankers in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday. However, Tehran has repeatedly denied involvement. According to the Pentagon, the photos were taken from a navy helicopter and show some of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards removing a mine from near the Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous tanker. A second photo purports to show a massive hole in the side of the Courageous tanker, which the US said was caused by another mine. “Iran is responsible for the attack based on video evidence and the resources and proficiency needed to quickly remove the unexploded limpet mine,” the defense department said. ALSO READ Court Sentences Clergy To 7 Years In Prison For RapeThe UK has said that its own independent investigation corroborates that Iran was involved in the attack. The EU, however, has urged caution before jumping to conclusions. Meanwhile Iran said Monday that it would soon breach limits on how much uranium it is supposed to enrich, accusing Washington of “nuclear blackmail.” “We have quadrupled the rate of enrichment (of uranium) and even increased it more recently, so that in 10 days it will bypass the 300 kg limit,” said Behrouz Kamalvandi, a spokesperson for Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization. Leave A Comment Below Related Tags:EgyptFeatured share on: FacebookTwitter Google +Pinterest Tumblr Linked InEmailSend to Email Address:Your NameYour Email AddressEmail check failed, please try againCancel previous articleTotal of 14 people referred to Criminal Court over Cairo’s railway station accident – Daily News Egyptnext articleTurkey orders arrest of 128 military personnel over suspected Gulen links – Daily News EgyptRelated PostsNigeria/July 16, 2019 /No Comment Sen. Nwaoboshi Floors Ned Nwoko At Supreme CourtNigeria/July 16, 2019 /No Comment Chelsea Don’t Need New Players To Be Successful – LampardGov. Makinde Declares Assets Worth Over N48bnPDP witness raises allegation of $10,000 bribe against INEC officer at tribunal – Daily Post NigeriaBREAKING: My Father Told Me Atiku Is Born Nigerian – PDP’s WitnessAFCON 2019: Pinnick takes final decision on Rohr’s future as Super Eagles head coach – Daily Post NigeriaToyota-Orascom-GDF alliance to complete Gulf of Suez wind farm by October – Daily News EgyptElectricity Ministry negotiates State Grid, Siemens, IBB to establish control centre in NAC – Daily News EgyptJUST IN: Senate To Screen CJN Tanko Muhammad WednesdayHerdsmen: Defend Yourselves, Enough Is Enough – Ooni Of Ife Tells Yorubas Leave a Response Cancel reply CommentName Email Sign me up for the newsletter! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Notify me of new posts by email.