South AfricaSouthern Africa/May 22, 2019/Agency Reporter /No Comment/127 views /South Africa UK telecoms giant EE says to launch 5G without Huaweishare on:FacebookTwitter Google +Pinterest Tumblr Linked InEmailSend to Email Address:Your NameYour Email AddressEmail check failed, please try againCancelBritish telecoms giant EE will this month become the first operator in the country to launch a 5G network but will do so without Huawei technology as originally planned, it said on Wednesday. EE had announced earlier that it would bring Huawei’s first 5G phone, the Huawei Mate 20 X 5G, to Britain, but the Chinese giant’s involvement in the United Kingdom’s telecoms industry has become politically controversial. ALSO READ Maimane meets Venezualans, says EFF and ANC should heed the warningEE chief executive Marc Allera was quoted by the Financial Times as saying that the company had “paused” the launch of Huawei’s 5G phones as it did not have the “surety of service” it needed to offer long term contracts. “We’ve had to hold that back,” he said. Google said this week that it was beginning to cut ties between its Android operating system and handset maker Huawei, affecting hundreds of millions of smartphone users. ALSO READ The seven things SA’s ‘new’ leaders need to do to fix the countryREAD MORE: Google and Android system start to cut ties with Huawei The decision comes in the midst of a United States trade war with China. BT-owned EE on Wednesday said it would begin the rollout of the new, high-speed mobile network on May 30, initially in six cities: London, Cardiff, Belfast, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester. ALSO READ Bathabile Dlamini the latest to resign from ParliamentIt said it planned to reach 1 500 sites by the end of 2019. Allera said the launch would help “keep the UK at the forefront of digital technology”. © Agence France-Presse . . Leave A Comment Below Related Tags:South Africa share on: FacebookTwitter Google +Pinterest Tumblr Linked InEmailSend to Email Address:Your NameYour Email AddressEmail check failed, please try againCancel previous articlePolice arraign Immigration officer for allegedly defrauding traveler of N3.9m – Tribune Onlinenext articleLatest on late musician Mtukudzi’s estate as family holds meeting with Master of High Court Leave a Response Cancel reply CommentName Email Sign me up for the newsletter! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Notify me of new posts by email.