Nigeria/April 15, 2019/Agency Reporter /No Comment/142 views /nigeria Tribunal to deliver judgement on allegations against Onnoghen Thursday | The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria and World Newsshare on:FacebookTwitter Google +Pinterest Tumblr Linked InEmailSend to Email Address:Your NameYour Email AddressEmail check failed, please try againCancel Justice Walter Onnoghen. PHOTO: TWITTER/PRESIDENCY The Code of Conduct Tribunal Monday fixed April 18 to deliver its final judgment in the charges against suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria Walter Onnoghen. The three-member panel, led by Danladi Umar, fixed Thursday for judgment after the prosecution led by Aliyu Umar, and the defence, led by Okon Efut, adopted their final addresses. The tribunal chairman said the verdict would be delivered along with two pending rulings on Onnoghen’s applications. One such application is the challenge of the jurisdiction of the tribunal to hear the case. ALSO READ Abia State calls for Safety on project sites in AbaThe other application is asking the CCT chairman to disqualify himself from further presiding over the case for being allegedly bias. Onnoghen is arraigned at the CCT following a charge against him brought by the Code of Conduct Bureau in January. The CCB accused Onnoghen of failing to declare his assets from June 2005, after he became a Justice of the Supreme Court till December 2016, two months after the Federal Government raided the homes of several judges, including those of the Supreme Court in October 2018. ALSO READ EFCC clamps down on train ticket racketeersAccording to the six-count charge brought against him, Onnoghen is also accused of false declaration of his assets, following his alleged failure to include some domiciliary accounts managed by the Standard Chartered Bank. President Muhammadu Buhari said in January that apart from the “grievous” allegations against Onnoghen, “the security agencies have since then traced other suspicious transactions running into millions of dollars to the CJN’s personal accounts, all undeclared or improperly declared as required by law.” ALSO READ Chibok girls: Presidency reacts to Salkida’s claim that only 15 girls alive“In line with this administration’s avowed respect for the Rule of Law, I have wholeheartedly obeyed the Order of the Code of Conduct Tribunal dated 23rd January 2019,” Buhari said. He said the suspended CJN’s excuse that the non-declaration was due to mistake and forgetfulness was not known to law. Onnoghen on April 4 in a letter notified Buhari of his decision to vacate office as the Chief Justice of Nigeria. <br class="clear"/> <br class="clear"/> Leave A Comment Below Related Tags:nigeria share on: FacebookTwitter Google +Pinterest Tumblr Linked InEmailSend to Email Address:Your NameYour Email AddressEmail check failed, please try againCancel previous articleNon-asset declaration allegations: Onnoghen knows fate on April 18 | The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria and World Newsnext articleAn appeal for self-reflection in the aftermath of the Peace Pilgrimage to the VaticanRelated Posts454 shares Nigeria/April 20, 2019 /No Comment Buhari’s wife, Aisha plans to establish university461 shares Nigeria/April 20, 2019 /No Comment Stop Depending On Men, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Leader Tells WomenPopular Nollywood Director, Ifeanyi Onyeabor Is DeadI Challenge Buhari To Swear With Quran, Bible That He Did Not Rig The Election — GaladimaWoman Gives Birth To Quintuplets — After 18 Years Of WaitBREAKING: Buhari, NJC Extend Tanko Muhammad’s Tenure As Acting CJNLinking Us To Death Of Prophet Nwoko, Effort In Futility — IPOBPolice Speaks On Murder Of Prophet Anthony Nwoko In EnuguBuhari speaks on violent clashes in Taraba, Adamawa | The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria and World NewsGunmen kill expatriate, another, abduct 3 others in Kaduna Leave a Response Cancel reply CommentName Email Sign me up for the newsletter! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Notify me of new posts by email.