Senegalese Government Condemns Attacks In Places Of Worship In Egypt

share on:

The Government of Senegal has condemned “firmly” the attacks perpetrated this Sunday in places of worship in Tanta and Alexandria (Egypt) “having caused dozens of dead and wounded,” according to a statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

An explosion killed at least 27 people and injured 78 on Sunday, 9 April, in a Coptic church in Tanta, 120 km north of Cairo.

ALSO READ   Brymo, Mayorkun, others storm Abuja for Kwam1 concert

He said that “a few hours later, in the early afternoon, a second explosion occurred in another Coptic church in Alexandria.”

“According to a report of the ministry, this one made at least 17 dead and 48 wounded. It was the work of a suicide bomber, added the Ministry of the Interior. “The attacks had been claimed by the Islamic state.

ALSO READ   Tuface Idibia Toes The Path Of GEJ, Says His Intents Does Not Worth The Life Of Any Nigerian

In reaction, the Senegalese Ministry of Foreign Affairs describes these attacks as “cowardly and criminal”.

“In this painful circumstance, the Government of Senegal expresses its condolences and renews its total solidarity with the government and the brotherly Egyptian people.”

Leave A Comment Below
share on: