Italian fishing boats seized in east Libya on way back home, Conte says

share on:

The Italian Prime Minister, Giuseppe Conte (Photo: Internet)

Italy’s  Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced Friday that the Libyan authorities have authorized the release of two Italian fishing boats seized in waters near the North African country earlier this week.

“I have just had confirmation that the two fishing boats, the Matteo Mazzarino and Afrodite Pesca, which were seized by Libyan military units Wednesday, have been authorized to return to Italy,” Conte said in a statement.

ALSO READ   Libya's larger oilfield "Sharara" attacked by armed men

“Our fellow citizens will finally be able to return home. We never left them alone and we worked constantly for a breakthrough”.

However, Vincenzo Asaro, whose company owns the Matteo Mazzarino, said the two boats were heading towards “more tranquil fishing waters” in the direction of Greece.

    <!-- About the author and notice -->
            <!-- END About the author -->

    <!-- Ads -->
                <div class="post-ad">
        <a target="_blank" href="https://www.facebook.com/AzaraMediaCompany/"><img src="https://6krin77j54lxjfsk-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/azara4-7.jpg" title="" alt="Azara Media" /></a>          </div>
            <!-- END ads -->

    <!-- Social Share buttons START-->
            <!-- Social Share buttons END -->

    <hr /><!-- Comments privacy -->
    <!-- END comments privacy -->
Leave A Comment Below
Tags:
share on: